Students must meet 3 of the following 4:
1. Student has repeated one grade.
2. Has absenteeism greater than 10% during the school year.
3. Is below proficiency or grade level in one or more academic subjects.
4. Is one or more years below grade level and not progressing at the rate required to meet proficiency.
Students must meet 1 of the following criteria:
1. Academic progress is hindered due to outside influences or circumstances beyond student's control.
2. Demonstrates behavior that is detrimental to their academic progress ( examples could be depression, ADHD, weak executive functioning skills or other).
3. Has attended 3 or more schools in the past 2 years.
1. Parent/Student fill out electronic application and submit it to Beth Vawter, CMS counselor at: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. CMS counselor will contact student's current school counselor to complete application.
3. Parent/guardian will be contacted to set up a telephone or video interview with CMS staff member.
4. Families will be notified on May 15, 2020, via email about enrollment status.
*The student is placed on the waiting list if no current
openings are available.