Our collective mission is to ensure that all students learn at high levels each year.
We will become a school where staff:
- Effectively collaborates to determine essential learning, utilizes and analyzes common formative assessments and corresponding results, and instructs accordingly
- Uses ongoing student achievement data to inform instruction in order to ensure that all students grow
- Requires students to self-monitor and set learning goals, and ensure students actively persevere to achieve their goals
- Connects with families to communicate critical knowledge about effective home practices needed for school success
- Provides a safe, positive learning environment for all students and staff
- Do your fair share; Be an active participant; Follow through with responsibilities
- Be an active, respectful listener (no side conversations or interruptions)
- Show professional respect; Be open-minded and make people feel valued and included
- Start, end and be on time; Stay on-task and on topic
- I will establish and honor agreed upon team norms, and responsibly reflect on my adherence to them.
- I will diligently work with my Professional Learning Community and consistently use the Common Formative Assessment cycle, including…
- Identifying and unpacking priority standards
- Writing and administering CFAs with established success criteria
- Intentionally using research-based instructional strategies which align with established essential learning
- Using common data formatively to enrich or intervene in order for all students to learn and grow
- Using student achievement data to self-reflect and collaboratively determine/discuss effective instructional practices
- Analyzing and reflecting on quality, alignment, and effectiveness of CFAs
- I will strive to make learning visible for my students by…
- Sharing learning targets and success criteria with them.
- Teaching students how to frequently self-reflect.
- Providing students with timely and actionable feedback on their achievement/performance.
- Teaching students how to set SMART goals, and how to make a plan to accomplish it.
- I will teach students to communicate the content they are learning and their progress with their families
- I will regularly communicate with families about what students are learning and what home practices can support learning.
- I will consider the needs of students and their families to determine the most effective communication methods.
- I will adhere to McMillan’s School-Wide Positive Behavior Intervention Support Plan including Teach To’s and 3:1 positive to corrective interactions with students.
- I will intentionally build and reinforce a strong classroom and school community where students and adults value and respect one another.