Seniors - Class of 2021
ImportantSenior ProjectAll deadlines must be followed. Successful completion of Senior Project is a graduation requirement. See detailed information in the Senior Project link on the right.
Click here to read the 2021 CFC Letter to Parents from our administration and senior project teacher team.
Other Graduation Requirements
Students must take a college entrance exam (SAT, ACT, etc.). Check with your counselor if you are unsure if you have completed this requirement.Independent Study/Correspondence Courses
In order to participate in the graduation ceremony, EHS must receive your final grade prior to graduation. The West Ada School district has approved specific courses to fulfill graduation requirements, so it is important to discuss these options with your counselor before enrolling in a correspondence course.
* Please make certain that all course work, including exams, is completed and received by BYU by May 14th, 2021
* Contact Mrs. Evans to schedule taking the final.
* $15.00 administration fee is due at time of exam
* Seniors will take IDLA final exams early May at West Ada District Office.
SENIORS AND SENIOR PARENTS
Attention all members of the Class of 2021 please take a moment for a “REALITY CHECK”!
Important facts that should be double checked in PowerSchool:
1. Number of credits earned through your junior year.
2. How many credits do you still need to graduate?
3. If you need more than 16 credits, did you attend summer school to make up missing credits?
4. If you didn’t, you will need to see your counselor to get registration materials correspondence if you want to graduate with your class.
ALL CORRESPONDENCE MUST BE COMPLETED BY TBD
5. Which required classes do you still need to meet the graduation requirements and DID YOU REGISTER FOR THEM?
6. If you want to participate in extra-curricular activities IN THE SPRING of your senior year, you must be enrolled in and pass 6 classes fall semester.
7. Check this website for your college’s AP credit policy: www.collegeboard.com/ap/creditpolicy
TAKE YOUR SENIOR YEAR VERY SERIOUSLY! YOU AND YOU ALONE ARE RESPONSIBLE TO COMPLETE AND PASS ALL YOUR GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS. YOU MUST MEET ALL GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS TO BE ALLOWED THE PRIVILEGE OF PARTICIPATING IN THE GRADUATION CEREMONY.
Attendance, Grades & Tardies
Make sure you are in good standing with attendance and tardies - clear absences immediately. Serve detentions within a week. Know where you are with your grades. On PowerSchool, you should be checking grades and attendance on a regular basis. Remember that you are allowed only three (3) unwaived absences per class per semester. If you go over, you may lose credit in that class.
Assistant Principals and Counselors
Dress expectations: attire appropriate for the occasion. Shorts, flip-flops, and jeans are not allowed.
Please do not bring any supplemental materials into the ceremony. Besides EHS honor cords and National Honor Society stoles, any additions/decorations to the graduation cap and gown are not allowed.
Diploma covers will be presented at the ceremony. Diplomas may be collected at the end of the ceremony in the auxillary gym. Students with negative behavior at graduation or fines will not receive their diplomas until the issues are resolved.
GRADUATION PRACTICE - Mandatory!
You must attend practice, in order to participate in the ceremony.
Grades to determine honor cords will be pulled the first Monday in May(district policy) –
Highest Honors (silver and green cords): 4.1-5.0 GPA
High Honors (silver cords): 3.77-4.099
Honors (green cords): 3.5-3.7699GRADUATION SPEAKERSTwo students from the top 10% of the graduating class will speak at graduation.