mAVID 9 FINAL REMINDER
- Please refer to your Finals Planning handout.
- You should walk into your final tomorrow, 3B + 4B with the following already preapred, typed and printed:
- Your best page of Focused Notes from the school year (any content area), with all 5 steps of the Focused Note taking process annotated and explained.
- Your best TRF from the year (yes, you can take it out of your Comp. Book) complete with annotations explaining what you did well on each section, OR, your weakest TRF from the year, revised in a different color.
- The four Time Capsule documents described on the Assignments tab of the website.
Your Actual Final Will Cover:
- Marking the Text
- A test over the concepts we’ve covered throughout the year (Focused Notes, Marking the Text, Socratic Seminar, Timed Writing, TRFs + Tutorials, Color Code, Test Strategies)
Smart people will have the following the day of their final:
- Completed, typed and printed prep work documents (listed above)
- Notes on: Focused Notes, TRFs + Tutorials, Color Code, and Test Strategies
Phone: (208)855-4050 ext 1578
Degrees and Certifications:
B.A. English Teaching
Mrs. Summer Cook
I began my teaching career in 2011 at MVHS but had already been bleeding blue and green (or perhaps crying tears of blue and green) for a year-and-a-half as a student teacher here at Mountain View. I graduated with a degree in English Teaching from Boise State University in 2011 after changing majors from Journalism to Education fairly late in the "game". A life changing interview with Malcolm McDowell (A Clockwork Orange) during my internship with BSU's student newspaper, The Arbiter, caused me to reassess the direction of my education and career. In between majors I served a year with AmeriCorps as a reading tutor for at risk students in Kindergarten through 3rd grade. I realized teaching was indeed my passion, but elementary school definitely wasn't the right fit.
In 2014, after three years of teaching The Freshman Fury, I took a brief hiatus from teaching to raise our son Emerson. During the year of 2015-2016 I taught on-line and tutored students in the Boise School District's AVID program hoping to subdue my longing to be back in the classroom. Instead, the opposite happened. Two years ago I was over joyed to be back in the classroom and to have had so many of my same 'kids' I left in 2014, again as seniors. This year is no different, teenagers are rad, but seniors have earned their keep in my heart. In addition to seniors I have the privilege of teaching the incoming AVID class of 2022; I am over the moon to get to be a part of the AVID program coming to the WestAda district and to champion my mAVID kids all four years. I truly love my career, refer to my students as 'my kids', and geek out daily over the incredible content I have the privilege to teach and discuss.
Outside of the classroom, my life revolves around my 4-year-old "wild child" Emerson, my husband Marshall, our three pups, and renovating our home. I love to travel, hike, camp, swim, run, Netflix binge, cook and entertain, and occasionally indulge in reality TV and gossip magazines.