Phone: (208) 350-4130 EXT: 1206
Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor of the Arts in Secondary English Teaching from Boise State University
Mrs. Lori Mason
“Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all.” - Aristotle
I am so excited to be your child’s 7th grade English teacher. I hope that your child will find this class engaging and that they will grow in reading, writing, and thinking skills. I believe in growing individually as well as a community so we will often share in small groups and large groups in my class. Please never hesitate to communicate your thoughts, opinions, ideas, or concerns.
Although this is my second-year teaching at Heritage Middle School, I have also taught 7th grade English at Lake Hazel Middle School. In addition, I have taught 11th grade English at Meridian High School over the summer. While I was attending college at Boise State University, I volunteered at Bogus Basin with a program called Recreation Unlimited. I was able to teach kids how to ski while also earning my level one certification with Professional Ski Instructors of America. Needless to say, teaching is a true passion of mine whether it is out on the slopes or in an English classroom.
This year, my husband and I are expecting our first child. I am due on September 14, 2019 with a baby boy. My husband and I are very excited to become a family of three. While I am out on maternity leave, Jason Kolbo will be my long term sub. He is an experienced teacher, and I have full trust in his capabilities as your child's educator while I am away. You can contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I love my job and the subject I teach
- I am from Las Vegas, Nevada (Go Knights!)
- I consider LeBron James to be the greatest of all time
- I attended both the University of Utah and Boise State University (Go Utes and Go Broncos!)
- I am married with two fur babies, Lil’ Rox the pug and Lowla the black lab
- We are naming our baby boy Blake Dee Mason
My Goals for your child:
- They will know that I care about them and their success.
- They will improve their writing and reading skills, and as a result, become more confident in themselves and in their work.
- As a class, we will build trust and have fun while learning.
I am looking forward to a great year!