2019-20 District Art Show
The District's Art Show, Framed, is open to all students. Each student is encouraged to submit one piece of art to his/her home school. Please check with your school's principal or art teacher for the due date. Each school will then choose one piece of art from those submitted as their School Choice Award. School Choice Award winners will be prominently displayed at the District Service Center for one (1) year.
District Art Show Details
Additional pieces will be selected to receive awards which include:
- Meridian Mayor’s Award
- West Ada Director's Award
- Star Mayor’s Award
- Idaho State University's Award
- Eagle Mayor’s Award
- Eagle Arts Commission Award
- Superintendent’s Award
- Meridian Arts Commission Awards
- Meridian Chamber of Commerce President’s Award
- Boise State University Dean of Education Award
- Eagle Chamber of Commerce Award
- Board of Trustees Award (Elementary, Middle, and High School)
The pieces chosen for these awards will hang in the respective offices for one (1) year. They will be returned to the artists in April of the following year.
School Choice Award winners will be honored at an art show and reception on April 23, 2019.
Students and their families along with their teachers and principals will be invited.
October-March: Creation of artwork
March or sooner: Selection of building School of Choice Award winner
March 13: Selections delivered to the District Office (earlier if possible)
March 15 – April 19: Selections are matted and framed
April 5 April 25: Invitations mailed to School Choice Award winners, winners’ families, teachers, principals, dignitaries, and sponsors
April 23: Elementary and Secondary Art Show and Reception
- 2-dimensional work (painting, collage, prints, drawings, etc) No larger than 18”x 24”, must be flat and not exceed more than a 3/8-inch thickness. Entries may be submitted on paper, canvas board, or cardboard. If the art differs from these criteria, please contact Amy Vaughan prior to submission. Entries not meeting these criteria may not be framed.
- Please do not frame your own artwork.
- 3-dimensional work – no size limitation.
- Celebrate Idaho in Our Community (landmarks, state symbols, special places, geography, people important to Idaho History, etc.)
- Controversial subject matter, should not be submitted.
School or Home:
- Work submitted can be completed at school as part of an assignment or an independent project but may also be completed at home.
- Work completed at home can be submitted with the understanding that the work is clearly the work of the student.
- Care should be taken to respect the creative property of any other artist.
- Work submitted should, in all cases, be representative of a student’s body of work.
- If a submission’s authenticity is questioned, please attach a note with your concerns when submitting the student’s work. Judges will be informed of the concern.
Art Show Forms and Info
Contact your classroom teacher, school’s art teacher, or Amy Vaughan (District Elementary Art Lead) Vaughan.Amy@westada.org