If you need hard copies printed of your child's missing previous work or work they need to redo, please do the following:
- Email me (email@example.com) by the end of the day on Wednesday with the specific work assignments you want printed.
- Those items will be in the packet pickup line at the school the following Monday/Tuesday when you pick up the regular 6th grade work packet.
If you want to turn in hard copies of missing/late/redone work instead of scanning it and emailing it, you can now do this on Fridays from 8-4. There will be a locked box in front of the school where you can turn in the work in an envelope with your child's name and my name on it. They will scan it and send it to me.
UPDATED FOR DISTANCE LEARNING
HELLO WONDERFUL MATH 6 AND MATH LAB FAMILIES!
I hope that you and your family are staying safe and healthy during this time, and not going too stir-crazy! We are working hard to get you the resources you need in order to keep your child learning Math. As things progress within the district, I will update this front page with the most recent information for you. I have adjusted my website so that it is a resource page for us as we work with your student on their Math. Look below to find the things you need.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED PATIENCE DURING THIS TIME OF RAPID CHANGE. WE ALL LOVE YOUR STUDENTS AND WANT TO GET BACK TO TEACHING THEM EFFECTIVELY AS SOON AS WE CAN!
MY CHILD HAS A LOW GRADE AND NEEDS TO RE-DO PREVIOUS WORK TO RAISE THEIR GRADE:
- FIRST please check PowerSchool to find out which assignments are the lowest for your child and need to be redone. Assessments and Quizzes carry the most weight and will affect their grades the most.
- Here is the Semester 2 Previous Work webpage where you can click on any of the previous assignments, print them out and have your child re-do them.
- Return work as a pdf via email to firstname.lastname@example.org for re-grading so your student can raise their grade. *Please see the directions below* for instructions about how to turn this work in as a PDF. Thank you! (In the future, there will be a way to pick this up at the school site. I will email everyone when that is an option.)
MY CHILD NEEDS MATH ASSIGNMENTS TO DO DURING THE SCHOOL DAY TO KEEP FRESH WITH MATH:
-Coming April 13- Weekly Math packets webpage: This is where you'll find the links to print out the OFFICIAL weekly Math 6 work pages for Phase 1 (April 13-27).
-This spiral review webpage has links to our previous warmup packets at various grade levels with answers. This is NOT mandatory. It is only an optional resource if you're looking for extra Math practice at the 4th, 5th, or 6th grade level. These are the usual warmup packets we use in Math 6 (Grade 6) and Math Lab (Grade 4 or 5).
I'M LOOKING FOR MATH RELATED ONLINE RESOURCES AND GAMES:
-Here is my usual Web Resources webpage with links to various online sources I recommend for my Math students. I have added a few new links for your information.
*I NEED TO TURN SOMETHING IN TO THE TEACHER FOR RE-GRADING: (In the future, there will also be a way to turn these papers in at the school site for those who would rather do that or who can't turn it in digitally. I will update this webpage when that option is available. For now, here is the best way to turn things in.)
-Please email me your student's work in PDF format. This is not too difficult and allows me to easily see their work and grade and return it to you via email. If you already have an app you like that converts pictures to PDFs, use that and email the PDF to me at email@example.com. If not, here are directions for a PDF app that I find pretty easy to use.
- Go to App store on your mobile device and search for CamScanner and install the free app. You will need to set up an account if you do not already have one. Press register and follow the instructions to create your account.
- When you are ready to scan your child's work, press the camera icon in the bottom of the screen.
- You will see option for ‘single’ or ‘batch’ (one rectangle or several rectangles stacked). If your child's assignment is one single-sided page, select single. If it's front-and-back or more than one page, select batch. (‘Batch’ will group several pictures together into one file for uploading.)
- Press the camera icon to take pictures of every page. When you're done, press the picture preview with an arrow to continue.
- CamScanner will then automatically enhance the photo. Scroll/swipe through all the pages and adjust as needed using the various editing options on the screen. (Sometimes it automatically crops things out of the picture and you'll need to click 'all' or the crop button to fix it.) When you are satisfied with the results, hit the check mark to continue.
- The photo(s) will save as a new document. CamScanner will prompt you to rename the document if you would like to, otherwise press anywhere else to continue.
- Press “More” (three horizontal dots) in the right corner of your screen.
- Email the file to yourself and forward the file to me at firstname.lastname@example.org for grading.
I'LL KEEP UPDATING THIS PAGE AS THINGS CHANGE. THANK YOU!