Driver's Education - Summer Program
Summer Session Update: Due to Covid-19 Restrictions, The July Session of Driver Education is going to be delivered in an online format. You will need to have a device to connect to the internet and a connection to the internet. The class will be delivered through Microsoft Teams. This is the same program the West Ada students have been using to participate in Remote Learning. Driving will still be done at Centennial and Mountain View High Schools. Emails will be sent out to all applicants with further information soon.
Attention: Priority for Summer Sessions will be given To West Ada School District Students. Out of District applicants will be notified if space is available.
Summer Driver's Education classes are offered in two separate sessions at the following locations: Centennial High School (CHS), Mountain View High School (MVHS).
Each class will receive a minimum of 30 hours of class time, 6 hours of driving time and 6 hours of observation time. This program is taught by certified instructors who utilize a state-approved curriculum with inspected and safety-equipped vehicles. West Ada Driver's Education also provides insurance coverage while students are in the program.
Registration Deadline: 3:00 pm, May 15, 2020
June 4, 2020
July 1, 2020
Centennial High School (CHS)
Mountain View High School (MVHS)
(Students may only register for one site per session)
Registration Deadline: 3:00 pm, May 29, 2020
July 6, 2020
July 31, 2020
Centennial View High School (CHS)
- Students must be at least 14½ in order to purchase a permit and to be allowed in the program.
- Students apply for enrollment and will be selected based on the age of the applicant, meeting the registration deadlines and instructor availability.
- All sessions have class Monday through Friday for one and one half (1½) hours per day.
- Classes start times are: 7:00 am, 8:30 am, 10:00 am, or 11:30 am
Driving will be done on an A/B Block schedule after or before class starting at 7:00 am and ending at 1:00 pm.
Students who currently attend a West Ada school will pay = $250
Students who are out of the district or do not currently attend a West Ada School will pay = $260
About the Class:
- Each student will receive a minimum of 30 hours of class time, 6 hours of driving time and 6 hours of observation time.
- Driver Education Permits will be issued at the completion of the 30 hours of class time, 6 hours of driving instruction and 6 hours of observation in a session.
- Students must attend all classes and drives in their chosen session.
- State Regulations do not allow for prearranged absences. Students who miss class due to illness will need to make arrangements for a make-up session with their class instructor.
(Drive times and class times may change due to enrollment numbers and availability of instructors)
- Session 1 - Registration Deadline is by 3:00 pm, May 15, 2020
- Session 2 - Registration Deadline is by 3:00 pm, May 29, 2020
Confirmation of Enrollment:
Students selected for the program will be emailed a Confirmation of Enrollment message, indicating acceptance into the course. (Confirmations will be emailed the week after the registration deadline. Please set your Junk/Clutter/Spam settings to allow receipt of emails from the "westada.org" domain)
NOTE: Students must be registered online to be considered for placement.
Payment of fees without registering will not place the student in a class.
Parent/Student Orientation Meetings: Parent Meetings have been Cancelled Due to Covid-19
Parents are now required to attend the Parent/Student orientation meeting that will be held at the start of each Drivers Education class.
Student permits will not be issued to the students until this requirement has been met.
- Parent Meeting for Session 1
Mountain View High School - Tuesday, May 26, 6:30 pm in the MVHS Auditorium
- Parent Meeting for Session 1
Centennial High School - Wednesday, May 27, 6:30 pm in the CHS Little Theater
- Parent Meeting for Session 2
Centennial High School - Tuesday, June 23, 6:30 pm in the CHS Little Theater