Driver's Education - Summer Program
There will be 2 sessions of Drivers Education for the summer of 2021.
- June 11 - July 9 at CHS and MVHS
- July 12 - August 6 at MHS
Registered Students will be placed according to their age, with preference given to the older students.
Students may ONLY REGISTER for one site per session.
Each class will receive a minimum of 30 hours of class time, 6 hours of driving time and 6 hours of observation time. This program is taught by certified instructors who utilize a state-approved curriculum with inspected and safety-equipped vehicles. West Ada Driver's Education also provides insurance coverage while students are in the program.
NOTE: Priority for Summer Sessions will be given To West Ada School District Students. Out of District applicants will be notified if space is available.
Registration Deadline: 3:00 pm, May 14, 2021
June 11, 2021
July 9, 2021
Centennial High School (CHS)
Mountain View High School (MVHS)
(Students may only register for one site per session)
Registration Deadline: 3:00 pm, June 4, 2021
July 12, 2021
August 6, 2021
Meridian High School (MHS)
- Students must be at least 14½ in order to purchase a permit and to be allowed in the program.
- Students apply for enrollment and will be selected based on the age of the applicant, meeting the registration deadlines and instructor availability.
- All sessions have class Monday through Friday for one and one half (1½) hours per day.
- Classes start times are: 7:00 am, 8:30 am, 10:00 am, or 11:30 am
Driving will be done on an A/B Block schedule after or before class starting at 7:00 am and ending at 1:00 pm.
Drive times and class times may change due to enrollment numbers and availability of instructors
Students who currently attend a West Ada school will pay = $250
Students who are out of the district or do not currently attend a West Ada School will pay = $260
About the Class:
- Each student will receive a minimum of 30 hours of class time, 6 hours of driving time and 6 hours of observation time.
- Driver Education Permits will be issued at the completion of the 30 hours of class time, 6 hours of driving instruction and 6 hours of observation in a session.
- Students must attend all classes and drives in their chosen session.
- State Regulations do not allow for prearranged absences. Students who miss class due to illness will need to make arrangements for a make-up session with their class instructor.
(Drive times and class times may change due to enrollment numbers and availability of instructors)
- Session 1 - Registration Deadline is by 3:00 pm, May 14, 2021
- Session 2 - Registration Deadline is by 3:00 pm, June 4, 2021
Confirmation of Enrollment:
Students selected for the program will be emailed a Confirmation of Enrollment message, indicating acceptance into the course. (Confirmations will be emailed the week after the registration deadline. Please set your Junk/Clutter/Spam settings to allow receipt of emails from the "westada.org" domain)
NOTE: Students must be registered online to be considered for placement.
Payment of fees without registering will not place the student in a class.