How to Register
1. Fill out the Online Registration Form
- You may only register for one session at a time.
- Choose the school that would be considered your "Home" High School.
2. Wait for a "Confirmation of Enrollment Email"
- If your application is accepted, you will receive a "Confirmation of Enrollment" email after the registration deadline.
(Please watch for this email and check your Spam/Junk/Clutter folders to make sure it did not get routed there.)
- You must respond to the email by the deadline or you may be dropped from the class! (see step 5 below)
NOTE: If you are not accepted into the session you registered for, you will need to re-register for another session that works with your schedule. You will not be "rolled over" or "automatically" re-registered for another session.3. Obtain a signed Certified Letter of Compliance (VOC)
4. Purchase a Driver Education Permit
- The student may obtain this letter from the appropriate grade level principal at their high school.
- The letter verifies that the student is enrolled in school.
- The Letter of Compliance process typically takes 1-3 school days to be completed.
- The VOC is only valid for 90 days.
- District Policy does not allow the letter to be faxed to the DMV.
- Driving permits can be purchased at the Ada County Department of Motor Vehicles,
Address: 400 N. Benjamin Lane, Boise, Id 83704 Phone Number: (208) 577-3101
You can use the new "Online Visit Scheduler" service at https://dmvscheduling.adacounty.id.gov/naoa/index.jsp to save on wait time.
- Please advise the DMV that you are taking Drivers Education through a West Ada School
All of the following items are mandatory to have with you in order to purchase the permit:
5. Respond to Confirmation Email
- Parent and student. (Birth Parent, Legal guardians must show amended birth cert. or legal action of adoption)
- Certified Birth Certificate (or amended birth certificate in the case of stepfamily adoption)
- Photo I.D. for student and parent (Parent must be able to prove residency) I.D. must be one of the following:
- Activity Card
- Year Book
- Military I.D.
- State issued I.D. card
- $21.50 (cash is preferred)
- Students Social Security Card
- Students Corrective lenses if prescribed
- Signed Certified Letter of Compliance (VOC)
6. Attend the Parent/Student Orientation Meeting**IMPORTANT NOTICE**Parents are required to attend the Parent /Student orientation meeting that will be held at the start of each Drivers Education class.Student permits will not be issued to the students until this requirement has been met.
- You must respond to the emailed "Confirmation of Enrollment" notification by the due date listed.
The response should include:
- Permit Number
- Receipt of Payment Number indicating that the fees have been paid to the West Ada School District.