The Mission of Family and Consumer Science Education
To prepare students for family life, work life, and careers in the Family and Consumer Science Department by providing opportunities to develop the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and behaviors needed for:
- Strengthening the well-being of individuals and families across the life span.
- Becoming responsible citizens and leaders in family, community, and work settings
- Promoting optimal nutrition and wellness across the life span.
- Managing resources to meet the material needs of individuals and families,
- Balancing personal, home, family, and work lives.
- Using critical and creative thinking skills to address problems in diverse family, community, and work environments.
- Successful life management, employment, and career development.
- Functioning effectively as providers and consumers of goods and services.
- Appreciating human worth and accepting responsibility for one's actions and success in family.