Concert Orchestra is a year-long non-auditioned ensemble that rehearses, performs and participates in multiple on-campus and off-campus events. Members must have prior string instruction to participate.
Concert Orchestra News
Orchestra students will need the following supplies:
- Instrument in good working order with fine tuners where practical.
- Instrument accessories (chin rest, rosin, extra strings, mute, end pin stop, etc.)
- Soft cloth for cleaning your instrument.
- “Expressive Techniques for Orchestra” by Brungard, Alexander, Dackow & Anderson
- 2” Black 3-ring “D-style” binder with page protectors
- Chromatic Tuner & Metronome: You may use traditional devices or one of the several excellent apps. “Tonal Energy” is an excellent choice.
- Optional Homeowner’s insurance policy coverage of your instrument.
- Optional Case humidifier.
- If financial issues limit your access to materials, please contact Mr. DeWitt.