• At Meridian Academy, the counseling department prides itself on following the American School Counselor Association National Model and Standards.  We adhere to our counseling ethical standards and provide counseling services based on the following domains:

    • Academic
    • Career
    • Personal/Social


    Community Resources

    For immediate assistance on available community resources please dial 211 from an Idaho phone or visit https://211.idaho.gov/.  You can also find available community resources by downloading the self-rescue manual at https://selfrescuemanual.com/.


    Food Assistance

    For food assistance please visit the Idaho Food Bank’s Food Assistance Locatorhttps://idahofoodbank.org/getfood/ or page 16 of the Self-Rescue Manual.


    Housing Assistance

    For housing assistance please call 211 and ask for Navigation or call Our Path Home at 208-495-4240.


    COVID-19 Information

    For the most up-to-date information regarding West Ada School District’s response to CoVid-19 please visit the district’s website https://www.westada.org/COVID-19.


    If this is an emergency and you feel you or someone you know is in immediate danger, please call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room. If you are in a mental health crisis, but not in immediate danger please call one of the supports below:

    • Cottonwood Creek Behavioral Hospital: 208-906-3209
    • Intermountain Hospital: 208-906-3209 
    • Women’s & Children’s Alliance- Rape Crisis Hotline 208.345.7273
    • Idaho Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-208-398-4357
    • National Suicide Prevention Lifeline:1-800-273-8255
    • Idaho Suicide and Crisis Hotline: 1-800-273-8255
    • Mobile Crisis: (208) 334-0808



    • Physical or sexual abuse that has not been previously reported. If you tell me that it has been reported, I will still need to verify that it was reported. 

    • Suicide threats, attempts, or thoughts, including thoughts of wanting to be dead. If you tell me that your parents know about the problem, I will still need to contatct them to verify this. 

    • Threats to your safety or the safety of others. This includes concerns about fighting, self-injury, substance abuse, and sexual activity. If you tell me that your parents know about the problem, I will still need to contact them to verify this. 

    • Unreported felony crimes.

    • When a student meets "reasonable suspicion" of being under the influence of a controlled substance at school or has possession of a controlled substance at school.