About Teacher App
Degrees and Certifications:
K-8 Idaho Teaching Certificate General Math Endorsement American Government Endorsement
Welcome to 4th Grade in Room 30!
I am so excited to be able to work with such a fabulous group of teachers, staff, and students! This is my first year of teaching at River Valley Elementary. Before moving to RVE, I was teaching 6th Grade Math at Meridian Middle School.
I am married and have 3 children. Our son is working as a tax accountant and our 2 daughters are in 9th and 11th grade. We also have 2 dogs and 1 cat. As a family (not the cat...), we enjoy outdoor activities, including hiking, biking, and watersports.
My philosophy on learning in our classroom:
1. Everyone Can Learn to the Highest Levels. There is no such thing as a “math” or a "science" person. Everyone can reach the highest levels they want to, with hard work.
2. Mistakes are valuable. Mistakes grow your brain! It is good to struggle and make mistakes.
3. Questions are Really Important! Always ask questions, always answer questions. Ask yourself: why does that make sense?
4. School is about Creativity and Making Sense. School subjects are creative, at their core. Academic subjects are about visualizing patterns and creating solution paths that others can see, discuss and critique.
5. School is about Connections and Communicating. All academic subjects can be connected, and are forms of communication. Academic subjects can be written in different forms e.g. words, a picture, a graph, or an equation.
6. Depth is much more important than speed. Top mathematicians, such as Laurent Schwartz, think slowly and deeply.
7. Class is about Learning not Performing. School is a growth subject, it takes time to learn and it is all about effort.
Please feel free check out all portions of my webpage. Please make sure you are helping your student be as successful as they can be by checking email, this website, and PowerSchool on a weekly basis.
Become a registered user and subscribe to E-Alerts.