Executive Functions/Talents Unlimited
Productive Thinking (Creative Thinking)
- Think of many ideas (fluency).
- Think of ideas from different categories (flexibility).
- Think of unusual ideas (originality).
- Add details to your ideas to make them better (elaboration).
- Tell what your project is.
- List all the materials and equipment needed.
- Think of the steps needed for the project. Put the steps in order.
- Think of problems you might have.
- Make changes to improve your plan.
- Think of many different things you could do (alternatives).
- Think of different questions you want to ask about these things you could do (criteria).
- Use answers to these questions to help you decide which is best (weighing).
- State your final decision (decision).
- Give many, different reasons for your decision (reasons).
- Forcasting Causes
- Mak many, different predictions about the causes of a situation.
- Forcasting Effects
- Mak many, different predictions about the effects of a situation.
- Give many, different single words to describe something (descriptive adjectives).
- Give many, different single words to describe someone's/something's feelings (emotional adjectives).
- Think of many, different comparisons in the form of a simile (similes).
- Let others know that you understand how they feel by sharing a personal experience (personal experiences).
- Make a network of ideas using many, different complete thoughts in oral or written language (network of thoughts).
- Show your feelings, thoughts and needs without using words (pantomime and artwork).