How to Register - Summer
1. Fill out the Online Registration Form
Students may only register for one site per session.
- Session 1 - May 3rd, by 3pm
- Session 2 - May 24th, by 3pm
2. Wait for a "Confirmation of Enrollment Email"
- If your application is accepted, you will receive a "Confirmation of Enrollment" email after the registration deadline.
- You must respond to the email by the deadline or you may be dropped from the class! (see step 5 below)
- If you are not accepted into this session, you must reapply for the next session.
3. Obtain a signed Certified Letter of Compliance
- The student may obtain this letter from the student's school.
- The letter verifies that the student is enrolled in school.
- The Letter of Compliance process typically takes 1-3 school days to be completed.
- The letter is only valid for 30 days.
- District Policy does not allow the letter to be faxed.
*Note = Letter of Compliances for Session 2 would need to be requested from student’s home school by May 31, 2019.
4. Purchase a Driver Education Permit
Driving permits can be purchased at the Ada County Department of Motor Vehicles,
Address: 400 N. Benjamin Lane, Boise, Id 83704
Phone Number: (208) 577-3101
You can use the new "Online Visit Scheduler" service at https://dmvscheduling.adacounty.id.gov/naoa/index.jsp to save wait time at the DMV.
All of the following items are mandatory to have with you in order to purchase the permit:
- Parent and student. (Birth Parent, Legal guardians must show amended birth cert. or legal action of adoption)
- Certified Birth Certificate (or amended birth certificate in the case of stepfamily adoption)
- Photo I.D. for student and parent (Parent must be able to prove residence) I.D. must be one of the following:
- Activity Card
- Year Book
- Military I.D.
- State issued I.D. card
- $21.50 (cash is preferred)
- Students Social Security Card
- Students Corrective lenses if prescribed
- Signed Certified Letter of Compliance (VOC)
- Please pick up the "Parent’s Supervised Driving Handbook" when the permit is purchased.
5. Respond to Confirmation Email
- You must respond to the emailed "Confirmation of Enrollment" notification by the due date listed.
- The response should include:
- Permit Number
- Receipt of Payment Number indicating that the fees have been paid to West Ada School District.
6. Attend the Parent/Student Orientation Meeting
Parents are required to attend the Parent /Student orientation meeting that will be held at the start of each Drivers Education class.
Student permits will not be issued to the students until this requirement has been met.
- Parent Meeting for Session 1 - at Mountain View High School - Thursday, May 23, 6:30 pm in the Auditorium
- Parent Meeting for Session 1 - at Centennial High School - Wednesday, May 22, 6:30 pm in the Little Theater (main school entrance)
- Parent Meeting for Session 2 - at Centennial High School - Tuesday, June 25, 6:30 pm in the CHS Little Theater (main school entrance)