Use the Federalist / Anti-Federalist Reading to answer the questions about the debate surrounding the ratification of the Constitution.
Objective: Students will demonstrate political activism and civic responsibility by writing a letter to their Senator regarding a piece of pending legislation or political issue they feel strongly about.
Assignment: You are to write a letter to your Senator stating your views on a piece of pending legislation or political issue. You may write to either of the following Senators:
- Senator Mike Crapo
- Senator Jim Risch
- Legislation currently before the Senate
- HR1 - For the People Act of 2019
- S874 - Dream Act of 2019
- S788 - Equality Act
- S150 - Raise the Wage Act of 2019
- S682 - Save the Internet Act of 2019
- S270 - Paycheck Fairness Act
- Possible issues
- Gun control
- Mental health