Let us help you: FAFSA Help Night
Many seniors applied to college during College Application Week in October.
Now the next step: FREE Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
This application will allow students the opportunity to receive financial aid/scholarships through the college(s) they applied to. This is an important step, and students will need parent(s) help with completing it.
That is why we will be hosting FAFSA Help Nights for parents the following dates:
Eagle Academy - Nov. 27 (4:00-7:30 pm)
Meridian Academy – Dec. 5 (3:00-7:00pm)
Central Academy – Jan. 15 (3:00-7:00 pm)
Representatives from TRIO and CWI will be at the Academy Schools to help answer any questions you may have about the FAFSA.
What Do I Bring To FAFSA Night?
- Social Security # / Birthdates
- 2017 Federal income tax returns
- Record of earned income
- Current amount in checking & savings accounts
- Net value of current stocks, bonds, mutual funds, 529 plan
- Net value of investment/rental property
- Alien Registration Number (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- Child support received or paid (if applicable)
- Social Security # / Birthdate
- Federal income tax form if filed and W-2 forms
- Current amount in checking and savings account
- Alien registration number (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
How Can I Apply On My Own?
1. Both student & parent need to create their own FSA ID account at fsaid.ed.gov
(you will need your Social Security #)
2. Fill out the FAFSA online at fafsa.ed.gov
3. Students will be asked which colleges/universities they would like their FAFSA sent to. Send the FAFSA to colleges they have already applied to and those they still may be interested in.