Let us help you: FAFSA Help Night
Many seniors applied to college during College Application Week in October.
Now the next step: FREE Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
This application will allow students the opportunity to receive financial aid/scholarships through the college(s) they applied to. This is an important step, and students will need parent(s) help with completing it.
That is why I will be hosting a FAFSA Help Night for parents of students at Meridian Academy, Eagle Academy and Central Academy.
Meridian Academy – Dec. 4 (3:00-7:00pm)
Advisors from CWI's Financial Aid office will be available to help answer any questions you may have about the FAFSA.
What Do I Bring To FAFSA Night?
- Social Security # / Birthdates
- 2017 Federal income tax returns
- Record of earned income
- Current amount in checking & savings accounts
- Net value of current stocks, bonds, mutual funds, 529 plan
- Net value of investment/rental property
- Alien Registration Number (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- Child support received or paid (if applicable)
- Social Security # / Birthdate
- Federal income tax form if filed and W-2 forms
- Current amount in checking and savings account
- Alien registration number (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
How Can I Apply On My Own?
1. Both student & parent need to create their own FSA ID account at fsaid.ed.gov
(you will need your Social Security #)
2. Fill out the FAFSA online at fafsa.ed.gov
3. Students will be asked which colleges/universities they would like their FAFSA sent to. Send the FAFSA to colleges they have already applied to and those they still may be interested in.