Financial Aid / FAFSA
FAFSA Info Night Financial Planning Virtual Webinar
David Ries, Financial Planner Dec. 8, 9, & 10, 2020 at 7:00 pm
Nov. 12 Reservations are Required
Zoom Meeting Call 1-800-942-4454 or
Sign Up Here Register Online to Attend
(limited slots) Boise School DistrictThe financial aid process for schools can be very overwhelming and confusing. Here is some information that will help you navigate through this process. Always remember that the FAFSA application is FREE and to be cautious of similar websites who want to charge money to help with financial aid or assist with scholarships.Step 1: Create a FSA IDBefore filling out the FAFSA, students and parents will each need to apply for a FSA ID to sign and revise the FAFSA form. You will need to know your social security number.Step 2: Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)Application Here: FAFSAWhat do I need to fill out the FAFSA?
Student & Parent
- Social Security # / Birthdates
- Tax and W-2 information from prior prior year (ie. if you are filling it out for Fall 2021, use 2019 taxes)
- Other tax information such as child support paid and received, savings/checking accounts, investments, & assets. (Assets do NOT include: homes, cars, retirement accounts, businesses you own)
- Alien registration number (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
* The FAFSA can be completed between October 1 - June 30. Students under the age of 24 are required to have parent information on their FAFSA.
Helpful VIDEO on "Financial Aid Basics": Click Here
Other Helpful Resources:
Toll-free FAFSA Helpline: 1-800-433-3243
Toll-free FSA ID Helpline: 1-800-557-7394
Trio Educational Opportunity Center - request free individual appointments for FAFSA completion assistance. Call 208-364-9925.