Advanced Opportunities/Fast Forward Info
The Fast Forward program provides every student attending an Idaho public school an allocation of $4,125.00 to use towards Advanced Opportunities in grades 7-12. The program was expanded by the Legislature in 2016 through the passing of House Bill 458.
The funds can be used for concurrent credit, AP exams, some CTE test fees, and overload courses.
Steps for accessing Fast Forward Funds
Registering for Fast Forward funds, concurrent credit, and AP Exams are three separate actions. This is the student's responsibility, and they must complete all parts to access Fast Forward Funds to cover the costs and earn credit.
- Step 1: Complete Fast Forward Participation Form
- Login to PowerSchool parent portal, under the "Update Student Information"section.
- Fill out and submit the form directly in PowerSchool
- This can only be done under the parent login not the student login
- This step only needs to be completed one time in a student's high school career.
- Instruction Guide
- Step 2: Create a student account on the State Department of Education website (this only needs to be done once)
- Step 3: Login to your email account and verify your Advanced Opportunities account
- Step 4: Sign into State Department Fast Forward account and apply for funds for each concurrent credit class and/or AP exam.
- Step 5: Register for credit with the college/university OR register for AP exam through CollegeBoard Account.
- Students submit their concurrent enrollment paperwork directly to the teacher or complete the online registration process for the course. Please contact individual concurrent credit teachers for assistance with this step.