While we strive for timeliness, buses do inevitably get caught in winter weather traffic. Please prepare your student(s) for the possibility of buses being 10-15 minutes late. Please make sure your student(s) is dressed appropriately. Here are some tips to better prepare.
Cold Weather Bus Stop Tips:
- As always have student(s) wear bright colors.
- Be cautious of anything dangling off clothing or backpacks as it can get caught on bus doors.
- Have student(s) wear layers of loose-fitting, lightweight, warm clothing.
- Be sure hats and/or hoods do not obstruct the student(s) ability to hear and see traffic.
- Cover student(s) mouth to protect his/her lungs from extreme cold.
- Have student(s) wear shoes with good traction.
- Use the restroom before getting on the bus!
- Plan ahead for any medical needs your student may have on the bus.
While we all love a good snowball fight, please remind your student(s) to wait for his/her bus in an orderly manner.