Jazz Band at STMS is open to all 6th, 7th, and 8th graders with at least one year or more of experience on their respective instrument. Jazz Band is during advisory in the band hall.
For the 2019-20 school year, the instrumentation will be a little more limited to traditional instrumentation: Alto Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone, Baritone Saxophone, Trombone, and Trumpet. Clarinet (will be asked if willing to switch to Alto Saxophone) and Flute will also be accepted. Students interested in playing drums will audition during the first quarter. Only 2-3 students will be accepted as drummers.
2019-2020 Important Dates
- Fall Concert: Tuesday, November 12th @ 7:00pm in the gym
- Winter Concert: Tuesday, December 17th @ 7:00pm in the gym
- Year-End Fundraiser: Thursday, May 7th @ 7:00pm in the cafeteria
- Year-End Concert: Tuesday, May 19th
- 6:00pm: Potluck in the cafeteria
- 7:30pm: Concert in the gym
ALL STUDENTS ARE EXPECTED TO BE AT EACH EVENT IN OUR SCHEDULE. IF YOUR STUDENT HAS ANY KNOWN SCHEDULING CONFLICTS WITH THE SCHEDULE, PLEASE FILL OUT THE EXCUSED ABSENCE FORM AND SUBMIT TO MR. BARRO AT LEAST TWO WEEKS IN ADVANCE. THE SOONER, THE BETTER.
Schedule in PDF format - CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
Excused Absence Form - CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
Students, check out the links below for practice!
Swing on the Drumset - Click Here