West Ada School District Accounting Scholarship APPLICATION 2019
Deadline: March 21, 2019 10:00 p.m.
The Accounting Scholarship is available to West Ada School District graduating seniors planning to attend a 2 or 4 year accredited college or university with a major in accounting or finance. Funding currently is available to award two $1,000 scholarships. Payment of the scholarship will be made directly to the recipient’s school of choice.
Other requirements include
- The student must have taken at least two semesters of accounting in high school,
- A minimum 3.00 grade point average,
- Enroll as a full-time undergraduate (12 semester hours or equivalent) for the full 2019-20 academic year,
- The student has not received a full scholarship or partial scholarships that exceed educational expenses,
- The student is committed to writing thank you notes to the sponsors of the scholarship.
How to Apply
The application is in Teams. Use code 4ei6y04 to join the Accounting Scholarship Team. You should join the Team well before the deadline to ensure you are prepared to submit your documents. You can find the Team icon on the desktop of all West Ada computers or login from home and it is with your other Microsoft Apps. If you are new to Teams, ask your teacher how to use it. Submit digital copies the following documents under the “Assignments” tab of the Accounting Scholarship Team:
- Complete the application located in the Accounting Scholarship Team
- Current high school transcript
- One letter of reference from a teacher, employer or community member
- Submit the documents through the Accounting Scholarship Team by March 21, 2019, no later than 10:00 p.m.
Donations to this scholarship fund can be made through the West Ada Education Foundation at www.westada.org/aboutus/educationfoundation.