Determining the next step after high school is one of the most important decisions a student will make. There is a wealth of opportunities available—college, university, community college, trade school—but navigating the maze of applications, testing, and financial aid can seem overwhelming to both students and parents.
At Step Ahead Idaho, we recognize that no two students are the same, and we provide tailored counseling to meet the needs of each individual client. We provide honest, supportive and experienced perspective to each student's school search.
Our mission is to help each student:
- discover his or her own interests and strengths to find the "best fit" schools.
- sort through and organize each step of the planning and application process in a timely manner.
- put his or her "best foot forward" to maximize acceptance to the school of choice.
Drop In Centers go Virtual!
We'll be offering our Free Zoom Drop-In starting Tuesday, August 18.
Two ways to engage:
- Join one of this week's Zoom Meetings: We'll post the new links here every Sunday evening. Drop-ins will be open from 3-6 PM. For our Tuesday October 6 3-6 PM Drop In with Cindy click here. For our Thursday, October 8 3-6 PM Drop In with Sue click here.
- Please join the meeting before 5:30 so we have time to answer your questions!
- Sign up for a half-hour slot for a 1:1 Drop-In Meeting with an advisor. Click here to request a time during the week of September 28.
- Some families want to talk with us about one-on-one advising instead of using the Drop-In Centers. Please send us an email at email@example.com if you'd like more information about this option. Please DON'T pay for services until you have connected with an advisor.
What kind of help can I get at the Free Zoom Drop-In?
- Figure out where to apply
- Get started on your applications
- Brainstorm and edit essays
- Explore interests, majors, and careers
- Understand where you're likely to get in, and whether you'll get merit and need scholarships.
- Bring it! There are no wrong questions. This can be a confusing process, and we're here to help.