Welcome to Spanish II! This course is designed to engage students to begin to develop their abilities in the four basic language acquisition skills of listening, speaking, reading, and writing. Students will also be exposed to a variety of cultural aspects of the Spanish-speaking world, with a focus on the relationship between language, history, and culture.
This course is designed to prepare our students for the rigors of the Associates of Arts (AA) and International Baccalaureate (IB) programs.
Upon completing Spanish II, students will demonstrate the ability and willingness to:
- Communicate clearly and effectively in a range of contexts and for a variety of purposes.
- Understand and use language appropriate to a range of interpersonal and/or intercultural contexts and audiences.
- Understand and use language to express and respond to a range of ideas with fluency and accuracy.
- Identify, organize and present ideas on a range of topics.
- Understand, analyze and reflect upon a range of written, audio, visual and audio-visual texts.