This course focuses on reading strategies, comprehension, and writing skills. Students will read from My Perspectives Textbook and various genres.
Projected Units of Study:
- Unit 1: Rites of Passage- Narrative and informative texts/writing
- Unit 2 & 3: Invention & Research- Informative text and research writing (GRASP)
- Unit 4: Argument- Informative text and argument writing
- Unit 5: Intelligence- Narrative text and writing
- Unit 6: Holocaust- Holocaust informational text
Reading and Writing will be assigned throughout the year. Students have access to notes from team partners or teacher’s journal daily.