IS YOUR STUDENT IN VIOLATION OF THE DRESS CODE?
West Ada School District's dress code policy is as stated, in part, below. We have reoccurring issues with students who are inappropriately dressed for school. Please have discussions with your student regarding his/her choice of apparel. We appreciate your support!Dress Code:
A degree of modesty is expected. Any apparel that draws undue attention to a student tends to detract from the educational process and is therefore inappropriate. Any article of clothing, jewelry, or make-up which draws undue attention, is unsafe, or is disruptive to the educational process will be considered inappropriate.Examples include but are not limited to:
- Clothing that does not cover the stomach, back, chest/cleavage, or undergarments
- Tank tops, spaghetti straps, tube tops, off-the-shoulder shirts are not permitted
- Spiked clothing, belts or jewelry
- Safety pins
- Any attire shorter than mid-thigh length –any attire with holes above mid-thigh
- Pajamas or boxer shorts worn as outerwear
- Hats, hoods, bandanas, or other head covering
- Footwear must be worn at all times
- Athletic/Activity uniforms worn during the school day must adhere to the dress code policy
- Violations of the dress code will lead to disciplinary action.