PSAT Information - Oct. 13, 2021
PSAT: October 13, 2021
Attention Juniors! The deadline to sign up is Wednesday, October 1. The PSAT is optional for Juniors. If you choose to take it please sign up and pay $20 to the bookkeeper, Mrs. Steinmetz. PSAT study guides can be picked up in the Career Center.
The PSAT (Preliminary Scholastic Aptitude Test) measures a student’s ability to do college work. The PSAT is a short form of the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) and measures math reasoning and reading and writing skills and includes multiple choice and fill-in response questions.
All sophomore students in West Ada are required to take the PSAT. However, it is recommended that you take the PSAT as a junior as well. For students who are enrolled in honors courses, it is recommended to take the PSAT as a junior because it is the qualifying test for scholarship competition such as the National Merit Scholarship.
The PSAT is not used for college admissions. Check with your school counselor about upcoming test dates and the current cost of the PSAT. More information can also be found about PSAT on the College Board website page at www.collegeboard.org.To link your PSAT score to Khan academy for SAT prep follow these steps:
- Go to satpractice.org. Create an account on Khan Academy or sign in to your existing account.
- When promted, agree to link your Khan Academy and College Board accounts.
- Send your scores.
PSAT at Centennial High School
Centennial High School and West Ada School District will be administering the PSAT to all Sophomores on Wednesday, October 13, 2021. A select number of exams are available for Juniors who wish to take the PSAT again. Juniors, please sign up with the bookkeeper by Wednesday, October 1, 2021 at 3:00pm.
Students will need to bring the following to their assigned testing room:
- Photo ID
- #2 Pencils (no mechanical)
- College Board approved CalculatorCentennial High School code: 130389
Test Day Schedule
The bell schedule will be modified this day to accommodate the test in the morning. Testing will begin promptly at 8:00 am. The test should end prior to 12:00 pm.
After the Test:
Students will have the opportunity to eat lunch prior to 3rd period. All students (9-12) will attend 3rd and 4th period.
School Day PSAT
On Wednesday, October 13, 2021 all 10th graders will be taking the PSAT test. Please pay attention to the following...
- Room assignments are posted around the school. Make sure you know where you are going by Wednesday!
- You have to be in your assigned room by 8:00am. Doors will lock. You have to have your ID or Drivers License to enter the room.
- Bring #2 Pencils!!!
- Snacks will be provided, bring extra if needed. Students should bring their own water bottle.
- Calculator- make sure you check to see if you have the correct one- You cannot use your phone or smart watch as a calculator. CLICK HERE to access the College Board Calculator Policy
- You will NOT be allowed to access your phone or smart watch in the testing room or check it at the break. If you do, you will not be allowed to take the test and will be removed.
- Backpacks, bags, and purses will NOT be allowed in the classroom. You will have to leave them in your locker or in the hallway during the testing period.
- Juniors testing for National Merit should report to the CPAC!