Hello CHS Volleyball Family,
Update for 5/22:
We will be having a Parent meeting on June 4th at the bleachers on the baseball field, right at the entrance to Centennial, so we can utilize social distancing. We are still limited to having 50 Parents at this meeting. So I am spreading it out in the following schedule and I ask that one Parent come and no players come. This is not required of you but I want to let you know the plans for dealing with the current situation with COVID-19 and the return to volleyball and the meeting is just a quick 15 minute meeting.
I do ask that if you have questions you email me so as we can keep the schedule on track and I can address your individual concerns separately.
June 4th schedule
6:00 pm - All incoming freshman players
6:25 pm - All incoming sophomore players
6:45 pm - All incoming junior and senior players
2020 Volleyball Tryouts will be held on August 10th and 11th. *Dates are subject to change, so please check regularly.
- Players need to attend ALL tryout sessions in order to be considered for a team.
- All incoming freshman and juniors must have a Sports Physical (click link for form) prior to tryouts and have the documentation at tryouts in order to be able to tryout for volleyball.
- All players trying out for volleyball must bring an IQ Form filled out and signed by parents to tryouts.
- If these forms are not provided at the start of tryouts, the player is ineligible to tryout at all.
- NO VACATIONS are allowed from August 10th through October 17th since our season is so short.
Tryout times are:
- August 10th - 8:00 am - 11:00 am (Registration begins at 7:30 am, NO EARLIER) and 1:30 pm - 4:00 pm
- August 11th - 8:00 am - 11:00 am (teams will be posted at 11 am, teams will then meet for 15 minutes)
- August 11th - Afternoon team practices for all teams
There are physical activity requirements for each team which will be talked about throughout the summer and posted here closer to tryouts. I do expect all players to come into season in shape and ready to handle the commitment to play volleyball at a higher level. During season I want to focus on coaching the skills necessary and so all players need to come into tryouts with a new physical fitness foundation.
Mandatory Parent/Player meeting on Thursday August 13th from 7 - 8 pm