LHMS Parents and Guardians,
We are excited to announce that LHMS has strengthened its system and how we want our students to use their agendas during the 2019-2020 school year. We have again provided your student with an agenda and are again requiring that students use them every week. Here is how we plan to support students using agendas.
- Agendas are posted for the week in each classroom and online on the teacher's website by Monday morning.
- Students are given time in each period on Mondays (or on Tuesdays if Monday is a holiday) to write in their agenda.
- Advisory teachers check agendas on Tuesday mornings and students receive a completion grade or it's marked missing.
- Students and teachers are encouraged to interact with their agendas regularly using the Agenda Expectations guidelines (attached).
We encourage you to work with your student on building organizational and planning skills by doing the following:
- Ask your student to show you his/her agenda on Monday evenings and review what assignments, projects and tests are coming up.
- Review the agenda with your student each night, reinforcing its use by crossing off homework that has been completed and turned in, helping your student plan to study for tests, etc.
- Use the Agenda Expectations reinforce how your student can use the agenda as an organizational tool.
- Plan ahead with your student using his/her agenda to help reinforce time management skills and planning skills.
We look forward to a successful school year!