Student Support Groups
The Discovery Elementary School Counselor will be offering student support groups throughout the school year. Student support groups provide a safe, supportive environment where students can share their feelings and learn important tools and strategies that support their social-emotional development.
For additional information, please feel free to contact me at (208) 855-4092.
Student Support Groups Sessions are generally 30 minutes, once a week, for 6 weeks. Groups are offered during the school day and are typically comprised of 3-6 students. Group availability is based on interest, number of referrals, and student schedules. A signed permission slip is required for a student to participate.
Social Skills/Friendship Group
- Provides friendship and socialization guidance.
- Students learn what it means to be a good friend, how to make friends and keep them, and strategies for solving friendship conflicts.
Changing Families/Divorce Group
- For students whose parents are separated or divorced, and/or re-married.
- Allows students to share their feelings with peers who are going through similar experiences.
- Encourages the expression of feelings and the use of coping strategies.
Emotion Regulation Group
- Teaches students to express and manage their anger in healthy ways.
- Offers coping strategies and extra support to students who have recently experienced loss.
Please contact your School Counselor if you would like to refer your child for a support group, firstname.lastname@example.org