Level 2: Effective Teaching in Every Classroom
Level 2 of High Reliability Schools helps school leaders and educators learn the concept of establishing a district- or schoolwide model of instructional practice and how it can be used to create a culture of pedagogical growth for all teachers. There are six leading indicators in Level 2: Effective Teaching in Every Classroom.
1. The school leader communicates a clear vision as to how instruction should be addressed in the school.
2. Support is provided to teachers to continually enhance their pedagogical skills through reflection and professional growth plans.
3. Predominant instructional practices throughout the school are known and monitored.
4. Teachers are provided with clear, ongoing evaluation of the pedagogical strengths and weaknesses that are based on multiple sources of data and are consistent with student achievement data.
5. Teachers are provided with job-embedded professional development that is directly related to their instructional growth goals.
6. Teachers have opportunities to observe and discuss effective teaching.