Creating an Advanced Opportunities/Fast Forward Account
Fast Forward Funding Request "How To"
Steps to Request Fast Forward Funds
- Step 1: Parent Completes Fast Forward Participation Form
- Login to PowerSchool Parent https://ps.westada.org/public/home.html
- This can only be done under the parent login not the student login
- Click the Arrow next to "Update Student Information" in the upper right corner
- Fill out and submit the Fast Forward Participation form
- If it does not appear, click on the update contact information. Once you have completed the contact information page, the Fast Forward Participation form will appear.
- This step only needs to be completed one time in a student's high school career.
- Step 2: Student creates an account on the State Department of Education Advanced Opportunities Portal--https://advancedops.sde.idaho.gov/
- Step 3: **Student logs in to email account and verify your Advanced Opportunities account (counselor will have to approve your account-this can take 24 hours)
- Step 4: Sign into State Department of Education Advanced Opportunities Portal and apply for funds for each concurrent credit class and/or AP exam.
- Step 5: Student registers for credit with the college/university OR registers for AP exam through CollegeBoard Account.
- Students submit their concurrent enrollment paperwork directly to the teacher or complete the online registration process for the course. Please contact individual concurrent credit teachers for assistance with this step.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR CONCURRENT CLASS, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR TEACHER.
Need help with Fast Forward funding?
Contact Chelsi Goddard, career and college counselor at firstname.lastname@example.org