TAKE HOME FOLDER
The Take Home Folder will live in your student's backpack and come home each night. It has important news from school, finished papers, and papers to return to school.
- Assignments in class not completed are considered practice, unless marked. If I want it finished it will be marked "Please finish and return".
- Take time to look at papers together! Talk about what was successful, what was a struggle, etc. Celebrate small victories and progress!
- Please take papers out of folder that do not need to be returned to school so they don't pile up.
- The folder needs to be returned each day.
AT HOME PRACTICE
- Practice math facts sent home.
- Practice spelling words through activities sent home.
- Use the educational apps and games available to your student as extra practice.
I will not send homework home each day, but I will send a weekly reading log and it is expected to be returned on Fridays. Please make sure your student reads at least 15 minutes each day. I do not have a set material that students must read. I belive in the power of student choice for reading materials and use the reading log as a way to allow that choice so that they can read whatever speaks to them! This means that they can read a continued chapter book, a short story book, a magazine, or even instruction manuals, cookbooks, or other reading material. If you'd like to read aloud with your child, that counts as well!