G/L roots practice #4
It's All in Your Head Reading Guide #4 due
Read "The Distracted Teenage Brain"
Reading Informational Text Practice Test
Introduction to parenthetical citations
It's All in Your Head #4 book discussion
Main ideas and supporting details chart independently
- It's All … #4
- Sept. WN
- Brain research
Summary frame for "The Distracted Teenage Brain" with a partner
Practice writing evidence sandwiches
Introduction to the Brain Research Project
Work time continues
Write research questions
Learning Intentions and Success Criteria:
We are learning to determine main ideas and their supporting details.
- I can identify main ideas in a text.
- I can identify the supporting details that demonstrate the main ideas.
We are learning to summarize a text using a summary frame.
- I can write a complete summary of a text using a frame.
We are learning to gather information from reliable sources using strong note taking skills.
- I can evaluate websites for use in research.
- I can accurately collect bibliographic information.
- I can select relevant evidence.
- I can use appropriate note taking strategies.
We are learning to write informational text to convey ideas and concepts.
- I can select and organize relevant content.
- I can develop the topic ideas with details and examples, with the sources cited.
- I can use transitional words, phrases, and clauses to show relationships among ideas.
- I can use topic specific vocabulary to explain the topic.
- I can maintain a formal writing style.
L.6.1 (supporting standard)
We are learning to command language by understanding its underlying system—grammar.
- I can identify the relationships between words using 4-part grammar analysis.
- I can choos