Read chapter 3, lesson 3
Unit 1 Test - Part 1
Begin Unit 1 Test - Part 2
Finish Unit 1 Test
Philosophy Discussion #3:
Global population growth video? (10:00)
Learning Intentions and Success Criteria:
2.1.4 - Maps, etc.
We are learning to interpret charts, tables, graphs, maps, and infographics.
- I can identify the ways maps distort the earth.
- I can analyze and explain a given map’s bias.
- I can use vocabulary correctly to describe elements of a map.
2.2.1 - Climate
We are learning to explain how Earth/Sun relationships affect how people live.
- I can explain how Earth/Sun relationships (axial tilt, rotation, revolution) create seasons.
- I can identify the factors that contribute to a location’s climate.
- I can use a location’s placement on Earth to predict its climate.
- I can read a climate graph and explain what it shows about a location.
3.2.1 - Economics
We are learning to describe the differences between various economic systems, such as traditional, market, command, and mixed.
- I can identify the different market systems and the differences between them.
- I can explain how the different systems answer the basic economic questions.
5.4.1 - Government
We are learning to identify the major forms of government, such as democracy, monarchy, dictatorship.
- I can identify the major forms of government.
- I can explain the differences between them.
5.1.1 - Culture
We are learning to explain how societies are influenced by family, religion, education, and other elements of culture.
- I can identify examples of elements of culture.
- I can explain the influence of family, religion, and education on behavior.
- I can explain how differences between the influences create different cultures with different attitudes and values.