Title I is a federal program that offers additional funds to qualifying schools. The funds are used to provide opportunities for all students to succeed academically.
How Does Desert Sage Elementary Use Title 1 Funds?
- To hire Title I teachers and additional interventionists to help students with academic needs.
- To purchase intervention and enrichment materials for the classroom.
- To provide professional development opportunities for teachers.
- To support family engagement activities such as STEM/Career Night, Game Night, Cuddle Up and Read, Culture & Community Night.
If you would like to leave feedback or comments concerning Title 1 funding, please click here.
Title 1 is School-Wide
- Provides instruction to help ensure all students meet high expectations for learning.
- Sets goals for improvement.
- Provides resources that supplement regular classroom instruction.
- Involves parents in all aspects of their child’s education.
- Title interventionists provide additional support within classrooms or separate small groups.