Symptom/Illness Flow Chart
Guidance on Covid-19 Illness
(Based on CDH guidelines)
Are you experiencing any of the following symptoms?
- Fever (100 degrees farenheit) - without having to take any fever-reducing medications, such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen
- New loss of smell or taste
- Muscle aches
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
- New or unusual headache
- Extreme fatigue
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or loss of appetite
- Congestion or runny nose
- One or more of these symptoms that is a new onset or is an increase in severity.
Yes, I have symptoms.
- Had close contact with a person who tested positive for COVID-19? (Refer to "Exposed - How to Quarantine")
- Traveled to OR live in an area that is designated substantial community transmission?
If no to all of these questions OR If you have been vaccinated:
- Stay home until you are symptom free for 72 hours without fever or symptom reducing medications.
If yes to one or more of these questions:
- Contact your healthcare provider for further guidance.
- Quarantine yourself for 10 days from the onset of symptoms.*
- Notify your child's school that they will be absent.
*Students/staff may return sooner than 10 days if one of the following conditions are met:
- We receive a written note from a healthcare provider with an earlier return date OR
- Student/staff without a known exposure, exhibiting symptoms that have improved over 72 hours (3 days) may obtain a test on the fourth day from a testing facility or health care provider.