What Makes up the PERSONAL AND SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY Section of the Report Card?
*Polite listener—not interrupting others, raising your hand for questions or comments, not talking to others while someone else is talking
* Using positive words—not yelling at others or saying hurtful comments, saying positive things to others, and being encouraging toward peers
* Being willing to work with others no matter who they are
*Demonstrating sportsmanship with playing fairly, accepting the outcome of the game, and communicating appropriately with peers/teammates.
* Using equipment appropriately and safely in the way that has been demonstrated
* Following directions at all times and staying on task
* Wearing proper P.E. shoes (TENNIS SHOES)
* Making safe choices for yourself and others
* Putting away equipment properly
* Not touching equipment before instructions are given
What makes up the PARTICIPATION IN PHYSICAL ACTIVITY section of the report card?
* Being willing to keep trying over and over again even when it is difficult
* Bringing a note from a Dr. or parent/guardian to excuse you if you can’t participate in P.E. that day
* Doing the activity even if you don’t want to, and joining in on EVERY activity for the day
*Working with peers in groups, or working in self-space with individual or partner tasks
What makes up the HEALTH ENHANCING FITNESS portion of the report card?
IF YOU HAVE A STUDENT WHO IS IN K-3, students are learning about the levels of exercise/intensity (low, moderate, vigorous). Students then start making connections between the components of fitness (Muscular Strength, Muscular Endurance, Cardiorespiratory Endurance, and Flexibility). Next, students start formulating ideas of which components of exercise they are participating in, with different types of exercise. Students start analyzing how they can grow in those areas outside of school too! For 4th OR 5th GRADE, HEALTH RELATED FITNESS grade is Performance Based—can students perform physical tests and meet the target times and distances for their age group based on their BMI and whether they are in HFZ (Healthy Fitness Zone or not)? **At the end of the semester, 4th and 5th grade students will get their own individualized report that shows the results of their efforts, and with that report, their final grade is calculated.
WHAT MAKES UP THE SKILLED MOVEMENT AND MOVEMENT KNOWLEDGE PORTION OF THE REPORT CARD?
Throughout the year, there are various units that cover specific skills and tasks (i.e. throwing and catching, kicking a moving or stationary ball, cooperative games, spatial awareness, locomotor movements and pathways, balance, etc.) dtaken throughout the entire year. Students are given assessments in which they have performance standards to meet (Skilled Movement) and then are asked questions in various forms regarding particular skills (Movement Knowledge).
*for example: Demonstrate how to do an overhand throw properly (Skilled Movement) and tell me the cues for overhand throwing (Movement Knowledge).
*for example: Show me where you go when you are on offense and defense (Skilled movement) and explain the difference between offense and defense (Movement knowledge).