Welcome to VSH Middle School. We will be using Microsoft Teams and Fuel Education/Peak as our primary curricular platforms. Live sessions and office hours will be accessed through Teams and class work will be accessed through Peak. Please make sure that you can access both using your West Ada login credentials before our first class period. Please contact me at email@example.com with any questions or concerns throughout the quarter.
- Attendance will be taken based on class attendance and completed course content.
- Classes are recorded and can be accessed in the Archived channel.
- Read all assigned lessons and interact with all materials in a timely manner.
- Come to class read to work and engage.
- Work will be completed by the end of each school day.
- Communicate needs with teacher in a timely manner.
- Online Etiquette:
- Login on-time during assigned session(s).
- Appropriate, focused questions in chat and verbally.
- Appropriate dress.
General guide for the platforms your student will be using:
Purpose of Channel
Teacher Posts and Updates, Pacing Guides, and support documents
To view any missed live sessions
Join link for daily/weekly live session
Live session links to access for office hours
Fuel Education/Peak: https://peak.getfueled.com/#login
Purpose of Tab
Graded material. Students check here to ensure they have completed work and to read any comments / feedback on assignments.
Assistance for the FuelEd platform.
Contains Announcements and a link for unread feedback.
Never use. Assignments are not in order and readings are skipped if you click on this instead of going to content.
Lessons, Quizzes, and other independent student work
- Click to get to readings
- Click the unit number
- Click the reading section (i.e. 1.01)
- Click Learn
- Start with the introduction and click the arrows to move forward
- Where quizzes are kept in lessons with quizzes
- Where assignments and rubrics are downloaded to complete in Word
- Where assignments are uploaded after they are completed in Word.
Where students and parents can go to see grades, work completed or not completed, how much time a student has spent reading each topic, etc…
Contains many video and written resources students should refer to when they have a question about technical issues (i.e. how to submit work)
Has many helpful resources for navigating FuelEd plus a Student Support menu with live support
Teacher Webpage: https://www.westada.org/Page/82720
Purpose of Tab
General Setup and Questions Video
Peak/FuelEd information and links for assistance
Teams/email information and links for assistance
Supplemental module materials, support documents, pacing guide, welcome letter, etc.
General Questions and Guidance
- General Setup and Questions Video
- How to Draw in Word
- VSH Bell Schedule
- Avoiding Plagiarism
- Citing Sources
- When to cite material
- How to login to Discovery Ed: https://westada.discoveryeducation.com, then log in to your account.
- Login to Peak/FuelEd: https://peak.getfueled.com/#login
- If you need help submitting assignments: How to Turn in Assignments
- Link to turn in a request for help in Peak/FuelEd: VSH Peak/FuelEd Support
- For help with Frequently Asked Questions: FAQ Peak/Fuel Ed
- Getting Started in Fuel
- How to get to assigned readings on Peak
To Access Email and Teams:
- If your district device is working, these are located in "All Applications" under Outlook and Teams (I believe).
- If you are using a personal device, navigate to westada.org->Parents and Students->TEAMS & Office 360->Link to student email. Your login is your computer login @westada.org. Your password is your computer password.
- **If westada.org is down, you can also type outlook.office.com in the url and get to your email that way. Once you have your email open, you can find teams in the waffle cone (9 dots in the upper left corner of the screen), opening it in your browser (this is what I choose for myself and my own kiddos) or downloading to your desktop. On apple devices you will need to download the Teams app.
- Getting to Teams
How to Access OneDrive (District Cloud)
- org -> parents & students -> TEAMS & Office 365 -> Link to Student OneDrive
- If westada.org is down, access student email (see above) -> navigate to the waffle cone in upper left corner -> choose OneDrive
West Ada Help Line
- Student help line at 208-350-5300