Need a hotspot?
Please fill out this survey from the district to request one!
When troubleshooting a tech issue remember:
- Reboot first, this will solve most issues.
- Move slowly, give the device time to catch up between steps.
- Don't worry, if you can't fix it, the library can check you out a new device!
- Not turning on?
- Look at the power light on the side, if it is already on, press and hold the power button until it turns off, and try to turn it on again.
- Make sure the laptop is connected to a charger.
- If the light is flashing, it is in sleep mode.
- Stuck in sleep mode?
- Press any key.
- Press the power button once.
- Perform a hard reboot:
- Press and hold the power button until the light truns off
- Wait a few seconds
- Press the power button once
- Not charging?
- Make sure the charger is fully connected to both the laptop and the outlet.
- Make sure the pin inside of the charging cord is not bent.
- Try rebooting the computer.
- Unable to log in?
- Make sure the laptop is connected to WiFi.
- Try adding "@westada.org" to the end of your username.
- Reboot the computer.
- Slow connection?
- Move closer to your WiFi access point.
- Close background apps.
- Wait a few minutes until demand on the system has decreased, it might speed up then.