Substitute Application Information
Thank you for your interest in applying for a substitute position with the West Ada School District. Substitutes are paid $80/day if non-certified and $90/day if certified.
A bonus will be given each month if you work 10 full days or more.
$100 for 10-14 full days worked; $200 for 15 full days or more worked.
Please read below carefully and thoroughly:
TO BE A SUBSTITUTE TEACHER IN A CLASSROOM:
- You must be 21 years of age
- You must have at least a high school diploma or a GED
- You must fill out the application online. https://phl.applitrack.com/meridian/onlineapp/_application.aspx The Substitute application is found under Vacancies. No one will contact you so please continue to do the steps listed.
- You must have a background check and be fingerprinted. The cost is $29. To schedule, you need to e-mail Becky at Sivesind.Rebecca@westada.org
- You must attend an Orientation. The dates for the year are listed below. No need to sign up and you will not be contacted. Just choose whichever date works for you. You will be filling out paperwork so make sure you bring the following: your printed application, your Authorization form, 2 forms of ID or a Passport, and a voided check for direct deposit information.
- You must do an online class before you can start subbing, unless you have a teaching certificate from any state, a CBEST from California, or a STEDI substitute diploma. The class is $39.95. It is at STEDI.org
You would pick Option A. Once completed, print off the Substitute Diploma and bring it to the Orientation.
TO BE A SUBSTITUTE TEACHER AS A PARA ONLY:
- You must be at least 18 years old
- You will need to do everything listed above EXCEPT you do not need to do the online classes.
Orientation Dates for the 2021-2022 School Year
Orientations are held at the District Administration Office.
1303 E. Central Dr. Meridian, Idaho 84646
All Orientations are held from 8:30 am-11:30 am
You will want to park on the East side of the building, where it says Training Center. Once you walk through the Training Center doors, there will be a sign to direct you to the right Conference Room. Please remember to bring with you the items mentioned above. We hope to see you on one of the dates below:
- Thursday, August 19, 2021
- Tuesday, August 31, 2021
- Thursday, September 9, 2021
- Tuesday, September 21, 2021
- Tuesday, October 12, 2021
- Thursday, October 28, 2021
- Tuesday, November 9, 2021
- Tuesday, December 7, 2021
- Wednesday, January 13, 2022
- Tuesday, January 25, 2022
- Tuesday, February 16, 2022
- Monday, March 15, 2022
If you have questions please contact: (208) 887-6062
- Cheryl Botkin, Substitute Placement Coordinator - Botkin.Cheryl@westada.org
- Rebecca Sivesind, Substitute Placement Assistant - Sivesind.Rebecca@westada.org
An Equal Opportunity Employee
A Tobacco-Free Environment