Hello McMillan Families!
We miss all of you and hope that everyone is safe and healthy.
REMOTE LEARNING AT HOME: PHASE 1
West Ada School District is committed to ensuring educational excellence for every student. During school closures, our hope is that learning will continue (particularly in the core academic areas). This is not a replacement for classroom instruction. These activities are NOT REQUIRED nor will they be graded.
HOW & WHEN DO STUDENTS GET LEARNING PACKETS?
- Hardcopies of the packets will be available for pickup at McMillan Mondays and Tuesdays from 11am-2pm
- We will use the east side of the bus loop and the parent pick-up lane for distribution
- If you drive, please stay in your vehicle. We will bring materials to you.
- If you walk, please adhere to social distancing guidelines (6 feet apart). Even though we miss our students greatly, we are sad to say that students will not be able to hug staff members. Please bring an empty backpack to transport items home.
- If you have library books at home, please bring them when you come to school. We will have a bin to drop them in.
- Lost and Found items will be on display. Please check to see if anything belongs to your child.
- Digital copies are available in the Remote Learning Channel
- Students do not need to return the packets; however, teachers have thoughtfully prepared the learning to review content objectives that are essential stepping stones, or anchors, of future learning.
We realize every household is dealing with different challenges and have tried to create learning packets that students can do as independently as possible. Teachers can be reached via email: email@example.com and are standing by to best answer your questions.
If you wish to accomplish learning beyond the provided packets, please go to the district home page and click on “Educational Resources” to get to learning websites as well as reading and math worksheets sorted by grade level.
We can’t wait to see our McMillan families again.
The McMillan Staff