Letter From Mrs. Gourley
Packet Distribution is on Mondays from 8:00am-1:00pm, please bring any library books your student has checked out with you on Monday.
Weekly Lesson Packets, Special's Lessons, GT Lessons, and Message from Mrs. Minogue will go live on Sundays at 5:00pm
Remote Learning Plan – General Overview
Beginning April 13th Remote Learning Plans will be available electronically on our school’s website, or for “packet” pick up each week.
- The Remote Learning Plans will include materials and activities for students to complete.
- Students will not complete the work online. If you receive the plans electronically, you will need to view them and print them for your child/children to complete.
- The learning materials accessible online will be available Monday, starting with April 13. Please go to our school’s website and click the Remote Learning tab to access files by grade level. Remote learning plans for all specials will also be available.
- The printed learning plan packets, which contain the same learning materials as the electronic learning plans, will also be available on Mondays, starting with April 13. Please see the attached schedule and map for our distribution plans.
- The plans, electronic and hard copy, will not require parents to teach all day! Rather, the plans will provide activities for your child to do while focusing on practicing and maintaining his/her skills.
- A suggested student schedule will also be included with the learning plans. However, it will be up to you to make scheduling decisions that work best for your family!
- All school work at the elementary level will not be turned in or graded. The West Ada School District will be providing more information on fourth-quarter grading processes and end of the year report cards.
- Supplemental Online resources will continue to be available as an option. If login information is needed, please let your child’s teacher know.
I realize you may have many questions about how things will work. Trust me, we all do. Even though we are not able to see each other and interact in the ways in which we are accustomed, we are all in this together; and, together we will get through it.
Please say “hello” to the children for me. Please let them know I’m thinking of them, and I miss them very much. They already know how much I want them to take ownership of their learning, so please share with them how proud I am of their commitments with completing their daily work and their efforts to always do their very best. They are the brightest Stars!
Thank you, again, for your patience and support as we start this new journey. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
Debbie Gourley, Principal