21-2022 Ponderosa Health and Safety Plan
- Protect the health and safety of students and staff - physical, emotional, and mental
- Consistent with local health authorities’ recommendations
- Guaranteed and viable curriculum for all students and schools
- Adaptability and flexibility with evolution of COVID 19
- Emphasize a culture of personal accountability and high integrity
- Encourage predictable patterns of behavior
- Limit Interactions & Isolate groups as much as possible. The more proactive and self-contained plans are, the less impact a building will have when they have a positive case. When there is a positive case does the plan and effective implementation of the plan result in remote learning for an impacted classroom, grade, POD, school vs multiple schools and/or entire District.
Administrator and custodian walk-through:
- The administrator will complete a building walk-through with the head custodian and nurse no less than once a week.
- The intent of the walk-through is to identify any troublesome areas and to remedy the concern in a timely manner.
- Frequent hand washing and/or hand sanitizing is of upmost importance in the spread of COVID. Therefore, WASD has ensured that we have enough inventory of soap.
- Wall mount hand sanitizer stations have been purchased for placement in every classroom.
- WASD will be disinfecting daily, frequently touched surfaces such as doors and door handles, light switches, and hand railings with the Victory sprayer (an electrostatically charged sprayer) in conjunction with the chemical; BruTab 6S (Disinfectant tablet).
- 2 times a week schools will have a deeper disinfection of desktops, tables, and other surfaces tops with a chemical called SC Johnson TruShot Disinfectant. Along with this 2 times a week, student cubbies will be disinfected with the Victory Sprayer in conjunction with the BruTab 6S (Disinfectant Tablet).
- All nonessential items will be removed once the administrator walk-through has happened. Examples of nonessential items are those that have no instructional, learning, or job-related purpose.
- All cloth furniture, and difficult furniture to clean will be used on a limited basis, or will not be accessible, during the 2021-2022 school year.
- Seating charts will be used in the classroom and specials.
- Masks are required in the classroom unless a medical exemption or a parent Opt-Out form is noted in PowerSchool.
- Physical distancing (eg., including use of cohorts and podding will be implimented.
Library use, access and furniture:
- The use of the library will be allowed by a maximum of one class at a time.
- All physical distancing and guidelines are in effect during use.
- The administration and the library staff will eliminate all cloth furniture, and difficult furniture to clean will be used on a limited basis or will not be accessible during the 2020-2021 school year.
Computer lab use and cleaning:
- Students will use the hand sanitizer immediately upon entering and exiting the classroom and will use the sanitizing wipes on their workstation as a regularly scheduled task when directed by the teacher.
- Physical distancing signage or markings that serve as reminders have been placed in the following areas:
- Main office lobby (include portable plexiglass barrier)
- Library desk (include portable plexiglass barrier)
- Nurses office
- Select offices of at-risk employees
Masks are required for students and staff unless an Opt-Out form has been submitted.
- Student arrival/dismissal will follow school-wide schedule
- Face masks are required. Parents may complete a Mask Requirement Opt-Out Form
Office/Check In-Out Areas:
- Tardy/late students will enter through the main office doors and check-in using the typical processes
- Students will wash/sanitize hands prior to entering the building, past the front office area.
- Accompanying parents/guardians will remain in the main office area.
- Students will avoid congregating and/or stopping in walkways/hallways.
- Students will observe visual markers and signage that direct traffic flow in walkways/hallways.
- All students will hand wash after using the restroom.
- Expectations and universal precaution signage will be posted at student restrooms entry/exit.
- All student will handwash/hand sanitize before entering the cafeteria.
- Doors in route to the cafeteria will be propped open to limit touching of surfaces
- Students will practice no-touch rules while in lines
- Students will sit at individual tables, designated by grade level and/or classroom
- Grade levels will arrive/dismiss from the cafeteria based on a staggered school-wide schedule.
- Students will practice safe, respectful, and polite eating habits.
- Students will need to use the restroom will first ask a cafeteria supervisor. One student per restroom may be excused from the cafeteria at a time.
- Students will only consume the food provided by the cafeteria, store bought delivered food, or brought from home.
- Students will exit the cafeteria after being excused.
- Lunch tables will be cleaned/sanitized between student groups.
- Students will follow building/s indoor lunch recess schedule when unable to go outside for lunch recess.
- Students will wash/sanitize hands prior to entering the classroom from the playground.
- Students will play in their assigned areas.
- Number of students on the playground during recess with be decreased.
Specials (PE/Health/Music/Library/Computer Lab/Additional Electives:
- Students will participate in typical specials classrooms (i.e, music room, gym, library)
- Universal precautions will be taught/reviewed prior to entering the specials classroom.
- All students will wash/sanitize hands prior to entering a specials classroom.
- Students who need to use the restroom will first ask the specials teacher. One student per restroom may be excused from the specials classroom at a time.
Arrival and Dismissal:
- Parents and visitors are not allowed to enter the building, past the front office/meeting room areas, until further notice
- Volunteers are not allowed into the building until further notice
- Parents and visitors are not allowed to enter the building, past the office/meeting room areas, until further notice
- Having lunch at the school with their child will not be permitted during the 2020-2021 school year.
- Staff will assist in the supervision of students during arrival/dismissal
- Staff will reteach expectations for universal precautions during arrival/dismissal.
- Will prompt students to wear a mask
Office/Check in-Out Areas:
- Office staff will utilize signage, physical distancing, floor signs, and mobile plexiglass barriers.
- Staff will reteach universal precautions during student check-in processes.
- Staff will prompt students to wear masks when entering the building
- Staff will prompt students to take home and wash masks when checking out
- Staff will observe visual markers and signage that directs traffic flow in walkways/hallways.
- Staff will avoid congregating and/or stopping in walkways/hallways.
- All staff will wash hands after using the restroom
- Staff restrooms will be limited to 3 staff members at a time.
- Expectations and universal precaution signage will be posted at staff restrooms entry/exit
- Staff will handwash/sanitize before entering cafeteria and re-entering the classroom.
- Staff will eat lunch in a sanitized, designated areas and will socially distance if eating in a shared location.
- Staff will consume only their meal and/or food provided for themselves.
- Staff will separate lunches/food brought from home in clearly marked bags/containers.
- Staff will remind students to handwash/sanitize before entering the classroom from the playground.
Specials (PE/Health/Music/Library/Computer Lab/Additional Electives
- Staff will remind students to wash/sanitize before entering the classroom.
- Specialist classrooms will utilize non-porous, non -fabric- based materials and equipment.
Other Consideration Strategies
- Students will practice universal precaution expectations during school gatherings/events.
- Parents/guardians including visitors are not allowed to enter the building, past the front office/meeting room areas, until further notice.
- Meeting attendees will practice universal precaution procedures in place.
- Staff will continue to attend required meetings (MDT,504, RTI, Staff, PD) with universal precaution procedures in place.
- Online replacements for live required meetings (MDT, 504, RTI, Staff, PD) will be offered as much as possible and when available. Parent-Teacher Conferences:
- Parent-Teacher conferences will be offered in the following formats: Teams, phone and individual appointment.
- Parent’s and student’s that desire to visit the school in person, can do so by appointment only during the 2021-2022 school year.
- A seating chart will be used for student assemblies.
How to help:
- Continue to monitor your child’s physical condition.
- If your child is sick, please keep them home.
- Similar to the school environment, it is imperative that the home is kept as clean as possible and proper hygiene protocols are followed.
COVID Testing & Reporting:
- Utilizing existing processes for communicable diseases, positiveCOVID cases, knowledge of individual who has received a COVID test and is awaiting results, or knowledge of an exposure, will be reported to the Health Services department with consideration of the following:
- Confidentiality with ADA and HIPAA WILL be maintained
- Staff member contacts school nurse. School nurse will follow Health Services process for handling of communicable diseases
- Independent decisions to send out communication will not occur