All students should perform the following functions DAILY, or as needed. If your device is not operating properly, please perform these steps as your initial steps in troubleshooting:
1. Restart and/or shut down your device regularly. Devices should be restarted each day and each time it is moved from one wi-fi network to another (i.e. home to school or school to home).
2. Sign-out of Teams. Sign back in to refresh/sync Teams functions. This can resolve issues such as missing assignments.
3. District Device vs. Personal Device - if you are using a personal device and are experiencing issues with Teams or accessing other district applications, please try your district device before submitting a helpdesk ticket or calling the IT Service Desk.
For Ipad Device Care and other Technology How to's go to https://www.westada.org/TechTips
iPads will begin asking to update to the next version of iOS. Users can make this update on their own or the update will be pushed out district-wide on January Maintenance Night (Jan. 7th, 2021). iPads will need to be charged and turned on to complete the update. Remember, updates take time to complete, so if you choose to manually install the update, choose a time that the device is not needed for schoolwork.
Be sure to update the device when you have time to complete updates.
1. Plug your device into power and connect to the Internet with Wi-Fi.
2. Go to Settings > General, then tap Software Update.
3. Tap Download and Install.
4. To update now, tap Install. Or you can tap Later and choose Install Tonight or Remind Me Later. If you tap Install Tonight, just plug your device into power before you go to sleep. Your device will update automatically overnight.