VALUE OF THE INTERNATIONAL BACCALAUREATE PROGRAMMES
The International Baccalaureate (IB) Programme provides a unique learning education. Students around the world, and at Renaissance High School IB alike, expect to experience:
- Independent thinking and self-driven learning models.
- Better preparedness and academic understanding that attracts some of the world’s highest-ranking universities.
- The development thorough understanding and proficiency in a second language.
- The opportunity and ability to engage with peers and mentors in an ever changing world with strong academic, social, and emotional characteristics.
- Higher first-year retention and better success in college/at university, according to this research report published by a professor at the University of Wisconsin in January 2015.
Renaissance High School offers two IB programs. The IB Diploma Programme and the IB Career-related Programme
Renaissance High School IB students are part of an impressive global educational network
- 3,072 schools worldwide offered the Diploma Programme in 2021.
- 165,857 students worldwide were IB diploma candidates in 2021.
Renaissance High School IB students consistently exceed the Global Diploma Programme pass rate
100% of Renaissance High School IB Class of 2021 diploma programme candidates earned the IB Diploma.
98% of Renaissance High School IB diploma programme candidates from 2017-2021 earned the IB Diploma.
98% of Renaissance High School IB Class of 2021 career-related programme candidates earned the IB Certificate.
92% of Renaissance High School IB career-related programme candidates from 2018-2021 earned the IB Diploma.
89% of May 2021 diploma programme candidates worldwide earned the IB diploma.
Our graduates leave Renaissance High School IB prepared academically, and ready to engage with their teachers and classmates in college, which is one of the most important factors in college retention.
Want more of an insider view on how Renaissance High School IB ’s International Baccalaureate Programme has prepared students to go above and beyond after graduation? See our Alumni Testimonials page to read RHS graduates experiences and reflections.
Renaissance High School IB students exceed Idaho and national average scores on the ACT and SAT as well.
IB Students graduate from college sooner than the average population
- 39% of all enrolled students graduate from 4 year institutions in 4 years.
- 84% of IB diploma holders graduate from college in 4 years.