Parents can help their student be successful in the online learning environment in the following ways:
- Dedicate a school workspace in your home.
- Assist your student with time management.
- Set and maintain a regular study schedule with your student.
- Reinforce that virtual learning is as important as their face-to-face learning.
- Use the question area in Teams.
- Ensure that the checklist for the day/week is available for students.
- Frequently Check grades & progress in course(s).
- Provide technical assistance as needed or reach out to teacher or district tech (208-350-5300) if needed.
Special Services: IEP/504s/EL Plans
- Students who are currently on a 504/EL/IEP plan will have their plan transfer to VSH.
- Student’s accommodations will be in PowerSchool available to student’s teachers.
- A case manager will be assigned to students on a plan.
- Each case manager will determine the appropriate support classes needed for each student to be successful at VSH.