Degrees and Certifications:
-B.A. in Economics from the University of New Mexico -Master of Arts in Teaching Elementary Education from Western Governors University
Welcome to 3rd grade at Chaparral!
I am thrilled to be teaching 3rd grade for the first time this year. It will be my first full year teaching at Chaparral, and I completed my student teaching here. I am originally from Albuquerque, New Mexico, but I moved to Meridian in May of 2020 with my wife as she is pursuing her Medical degree. We love Idaho and all it has to offer - especially the outdoors!
My goal this year is to create a safe learning environment where students look forward to learning not only the curriculum, but also life skills such as responsibility and self-reliance.
Please click here to view my Back To School Night Video
Here are some of my favorites:
Restaurants - Happy Teriyaki, Taco Bell, Dutch Brothers and any sushi place
Drinks - La Croix and black coffee/Americano (hot or iced) - boring, I know!
Hobbies - Camping, skiing, video games, CrossFit and exploring Boise
Sports teams - Green Bay Packers, LA Lakers, UNM Lobos
- I am deaf in both ears. I have a Cochlear Implant in my right ear, which I have had since I was 7 - kids think it is AWESOME that I can "turn my hearing off."
- I fractured my femur while skiing when I was 13. I still have titanium pins in my right hip - and yes, I can totally tell when the weather is changing.
- I got second place in my 6th grade spelling bee when I misspelled the word "Señora." I then proceeded to take 4 years of Spanish in high school. I still can't speak Spanish, but at least I can spell.
- Before I decided to become a teacher, I was a personal trainer and managed 3 different breweries!
- I have the sweetest cat named Lima. Even people that don't like cats fall in love with her. I often joke that in a fire, I would save Lima first and then my wife.