Introduction to Advanced Opportunities
Fast Forward Program
- $4,125 per student
- Pays for concurrent credits & AP exams
- Portal is open for 6 weeks in the Fall & Spring (strict deadline set by the state)
- The high school transcript does not reflect college credits. College transcripts can be requested directly from the university that awarded credit.
- Dropping a concurrent credit course 2nd semester will result in a W or F on a college transcript and Fast Forward funding frozen.
- Parent completes the Fast Forward participation form electronically in Parent PowerSchool account
- Create an account in Fast Forward Portal / Verify account through email
- Request Funding for EACH concurrent credit course
- Complete university course registration
*Taking a concurrent credit class is a commitment that means the grade you get in the class is the final grade on a college transcript. If you are not strong in the subject content or concerned about your ability to handle the rigor, talk to your teacher, parents, and career counselor before you register. Using Fast Forward funds and failing (or withdrawing mid-year) means a freeze on future use of Fast Forward funds.
Fast Forward Portal
State Department of Education Website / Advanced Opportunities Portal