Phone: 208-855-4050 ext. 1568
Degrees and Certifications:
Graduate of BSU (GO Broncos!) and US Army Veteran Certified in American History, Humanities and Russian Partnered with Susan Ochoa - English Teacher Extraordinaire! Here's the link to her website! https://www.westada.org/Domain/2441
Attention AP Students! Here is the updated information on the AP US History test:
Test date and time
Exam Date: May 15
- Hawaii Time: 8 a.m.
- Alaska Time: 10 a.m.
- Pacific Time: 11 a.m.
- Mountain Time: 12 p.m.
- Central Time: 1 p.m.
- Eastern Time: 2 p.m.
Students will be given 45 minutes to read and respond to Question 1 and then 5 minutes to upload their response.
Question 1 (45 mins.)
% of exam weight (rounded)
Modified Document-Based Question (DBQ)
This question presents students with 5 historical sources, 1 of which will be a non-text-based source. This question assesses students’ ability to:
- Respond to the prompt with a historically defensible thesis or claim that establishes a line of reasoning.
- Describe a broader historical context relevant to the prompt.
- Support an argument in response to the prompt using at least 4 documents.
- Use at least 2 additional pieces of specific historical evidence (beyond that found in the documents) relevant to an argument about the prompt.
- For at least 2 documents, explain how or why the document’s point of view, purpose, historical situation, and/or audience is relevant to an argument.
- Use evidence to corroborate, qualify, or modify an argument that addresses the prompt.
Corresponding free-response question (FRQ) type in the course and exam description binder
Modified Document-Based Question (DBQ). The prompt for the 2020 modified DBQ may be derived from any of Units 3–7, and will include 5 documents (instead of 7). The rubric will be lightly modified to match the reduced number of documents, awarding 1 point for using 2 documents and an additional point for using 4 documents. An additional point will be awarded for effectively incorporating a second piece of outside knowledge into the argument. Students can earn up to 2 points for sourcing (1 point for each document).
Units eligible for 2020 exam
Units not included in 2020 exam
Make-up test date and time
Date: June 3
- Hawaii Time: 6 a.m.
- Alaska Time: 8 a.m.
- Pacific Time: 9 a.m.
- Mountain Time: 10 a.m.
- Central Time: 11 a.m.
- Eastern Time: 12 p.m.